Friday, October 21, 2011

part 4 of the comeback blog

at the end of our two weeks together we went back to the town where i left my car and got dinner at this place
the food was about what youd expect, but i got a great mug that says "famous mom's" for biomoms birthday on the 16th, so that was cool. then we got ice creams and walked around the little town, but when we were ready to leave and go camp for the night we noticed that my car wasnt where we left it. 
so i freaked out, but my mtn man stayed very calm (and calmed me as well), as we went to the sheriffs office, where we found it had been impounded after two days for 'abandonment.' we stayed the night in a trashy motel (i really do love trashy motels) and rescued it in the morning. he was incredibly patient and sweet about the whole ordeal. then we parted ways. he went on to do more research for his book, and i went back to get nelson and drive west to bio-mom's for our birthdays.

nelson was excited to see me.
it felt good to be back in the car with him. my car bed feels like home to me now. i like having him back.

-
NEXT
-
that night i ran out of windshield wiper fluid and i figured id have to take my car into a shop or something when i got to biomoms town. then when i stopped to get gas i noticed they sell the stuff on the cheap! so i bought some and taught myself to open the hood and fill up the fluid tank! 1st time!
i woke people up to brag about it because i was very proud of this experience. its like im becoming a grown up. :) 

-
NEXT
the next day was more driving, but i did firm up my idea of biomoms bday present. i collected more than a dozen cuttings of sage along the road, bundled them, and pinned them to roof of my car to dry. here's the view of the desert w some sage in the way, and a pic of the sage-drying op in my car.



i also stopped at a navajo crafts fair that i accidentally found myself driving through and got myself a couple rings and a necklace to add to Bmoms gift.


they were fascinated by nelson. he got LOTS of attn and free snacks.

No comments: