Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Long Con

And I know, that's who I am. I'm The Long Con. It's why everyone ever
made to look into my psyche gets freaked out or walks away, saying
"your manipulative, and I think you'd lie to get anything."
So no more defending my own behavior. I am the liar. I am the girl
with more faces, mor identities than you can count, I keep a mirror in
my rooms that you keep thinking is tricking you, because surely it's
just you and I here. Right? Just us. Two.

You fell into my web. I am what they have always said. I am the liar,
the wearer of masks. I am the girl you trust against your own best
instincts.

I am the long con. So don't trust me, don't love me. leave me alone. I'm done hurting.


And maybe, just maybe, I poked it in poorly so you'd think I didn't
mean it, it was a moment of weakness, I'm just a little blue-eyes
girl. How could I be the manipulator??




No comments: