Saturday, August 27, 2011

this is real.

sometimes, you think you know somebody through and through, and you love every thing you know about him, and you know that that's the man of your dreams, and you decide you will just love him and wait for him for as long as it takes.
then, you find out he died in surgery.
it was a classic case.
it hurts, and your heart bleeds, but you gotta bleed to heal.
and after you stop being sad, and you finish mourning that man, you realize that for the first time in years you are no longer in love.
and that freedom is an incredible feeling, like an urge to get on top.
my heart is available for the first time since i left high school. when i go out tonight, i will not smile and shake my head at the advances of new men, sorry for them that no matter how hard they try, i'm taken.
tonight i want a taste.
tonight i will put on my highest heels, my blackest mascara, and my reddest lipstick.
you won't be laying any more lies on me.
i wonder how much trouble this new designer heart of mine can start...

a genius i used to know once said "i dont wanna work. i only want to play. all day."
and its about time i took that advice.

No comments: