Friday, April 29, 2011

ginger ale and saltines

i take suboxone, which is a partial opiate antagonist. i dont really know what that means, but ive been taking it for a few months now bc it cuts opiate cravings and also if you take an opiate within 72 hours of taking suboxone you'll go into withdrawal immediately, so its a deterrent i guess. anyway it comes in 2mg sublingual films, of which i take about four or five a day.
i ran out on tuesday and by wednesday evening i had gone into pretty full withdrawal. luckily i was in very good hands throughout my misery until i could get in to see my doc. he wrote a script but bc suboxone is such an obscure drug not many pharmacies have it on hand. my pharmacy had to order it, so my withdrawal will stretch into tomorrow.
it feels like my entire body was shrink-wrapped and then someone put ice cubes btwn my skin and the plastic wrap that are just melting and sliding down my body. its a hell i thought i was free from when i quit banging dope, but apparently not.
misery misery misery.
it fucking hurts.
im on an all-saltine-and-ginger-ale diet until my body comes back from the dead.

No comments: